Thursday, March 18, 2010

What Do You Do All Day?

Today was another very hectic day! I have been desperately trying to get to a "To Do" list for the past two weeks- another day and nothing crossed off the list! For those of you who read my points post you can appreciate how frustrating this is for a point gal like me. I derive great joy in drawing a line across an item on the list- I give myself 5-25 points dependent upon the import or requirements of the item. I have been point-less for two weeks now.

The reason for the desperation is that I am trying to get things done before I take a week's real vacation. While I have taken two vacations since my start in 2007 most are spent on the computer and phone working on those can never get to items but this time my vacation needs my full attention. I am taking care of my two year old grandson. My daughter is delivering my second grandchild on March 30th. Her husband works all over the country and will only be home for a short time.

Today I sat in on the education committee meeting as we debriefed the tech conference (I try really hard not to attend committee meetings so as not to interfere with their work). After the meeting I returned emails and then was the guest of Rodney Burgamy for a luncheon with his associates. I love interacting with the working members and spent a great deal of time with an associate who was 10 years in the business picking his brain. After the luncheon (Rodney holds his sales meetings at OKCMAR ) and brainstorming with  Oklahoma Capital Abstract about possible business classes I met with our COO, Cassie Papin to go over all the current operational issues at hand- 45 minutes later (we had to resume later) there was a telephone conference with EPD (the commercial CIE vendor) followed by a meeting with Cornerstone, our treasurer and comptroller to develop investment strategies that would protect your principal in our operating reserve but somehow generate a little income. Back to the meeting with our COO.

As we were finishing up Vital Signs had finished installing the sign and awning for the newly expanded R-Store (inspection) and one of my favorite members stopped in to discuss an issues mobilization opportunity to promote relocation to Oklahoma City. We talked until 6pm. Get home- the alarm is going off at OKCMAR! No worries - everything is fine. Just now checking my email at 7pm for the day and one of the emails gave me inspiration for this post. So while I know it is frustrating for some of you to hear "she's in a meeting can I take a message?" know that I too am often not accomplishing what I feel I need to do. However, the funny thing is that days like today also help me realign my priorities and help me to always keep you, the member, in focus. YOU are our job! At OKCMAR & MLSOK I can proudly say "We're in it for You!"

No comments: