Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Every 1000 Mile Journey Starts with a First Singular Step

I had the most delightful lunch with a husband and wife team of members yesterday. I enjoyed the conversation on the way to the restaurant, found out we had a lot in common. I wanted to share with you her comment to me: I really used to dislike the association. I was annoyed every time I wrote out a check. Things are so different now, the association really offers so much for us.

This was music to my ears! Sometimes I get very discouraged, it seems so difficult to have effective communication with the membership. I get wonderful feedback from members who are involved in association activity but it seems those that do not participate see very little value and like my lunch partner did, seem to resent the association. Knowing that there is progress made- that two members moved from resentful to annoyed to satisfied is a huge success. The association just needs to touch every member, one at a time, one step at a time. We have made much progress on our journey together. I am very proud to be the CEO of such a progressive vibrant membership. Thank you OKCMAR!

No comments: