Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Heart of the Matter

I was in Chris Chappell's class today and I was so touched by something he said. He was showing all the different avenues the board and MLS uses to communicate to the membership and how to access them. He brought up this blog and he said "take some time to read this; it is the heart of your CEO". I was so touched that he recognized how important it is to me that the members know I care and the amount of effort I (and my entire staff) put in to trying to reach all of you. "We're in it for You" isn't just a tagline to us. We mean it.

I love conferences like the one we had today where staff gets to interact directly with the membership in a support/mentor/educator role. It is wonderful to interact with all of you in this positive way. Maybe some of you left today with a different view of the board and its staff. I hope everyone who registered for tomorrow attends. Brian Boero is one of the bright stars of the tech world and he is definitely worth listening to. Brian Boero is Co-founder of 1000 watt consulting with a background of leadership in both VREO and Inman News . You can read his entire bio on the board website by clicking here.

I was very, very, very proud of my staff today. Thank you all for making my job so easy. I also want to share how incredibly proud I was of all of you. The committee members and all the volunteers did an incredible job- I felt such a sense of ownership from all of you. That this was your association & your event and you were proud to be a part of OKCMAR. Thank you for making OKCMAR such a strong association. Pat yourself on the back- you showed us your hearts today!

3 comments:

Joe Pryor said...

Brain as always was terrific. I love the way he doesn't just give you new tech tools to explore, he also gives you the reasons and applications behind them. Congratulations to all the OKCMAR staff and volunteers who made this conference a big success.

Anonymous said...

Good for Chris. Very well put.

Chris Chappell said...

Sorry I am just getting a chance to read this and catch up with the blog. I was just speaking honestly from my heart and I really do care for the members to get it too! Thanks Dawn.