Sunday, March 28, 2010

Run, Run, Run

It is the official start of the high school track season. I sat amazed, in the freezing wind at the Piedmont high school, by the tenacity and talent of the OKC metro's youth! If only we all pursued our aspirations with such determination and effort. This was my first trip to Piedmont and I absolutely loved this township. Winds of Progress- their town motto- seems to capture the spirit of all of Oklahoma. Piedmont reminded me so much of my hometown, Sugar Camp, in Wisconsin. The rolling hills, the cows grazing in the meadow, trees, the pride in their high school and that Americana feel. It made me feel nostalgic for home. I can see why Piedmont is such a desirable area. I also got a sense of pride as I saw the REALTOR firms proudly displaying the REALTOR "R" on their signage.

My family got home in time to attend the BMCHS German Club's Welcome Dinner for the German foreign exchange students spending three weeks in OKC. We are hosting a delightful young girl named Kristina. So far they are most thrilled with Penn Square Mall but then again they have only been in OKC for two days and the first was spent in school. The dinner was amazing, (I made Super-burn vegetarian 4 bean chili) and the topic of conversation turned to real estate as it seems to always do.

Our industry is literally the fabric of the American Society. Our aspiration of the Widest Distribution of Land to the Widest Ownership and our willingness to continue to foster this belief is part of what makes America so great. That is why the real estate market is always the topic of conversation because inherently every American knows that the dream of home-ownership is fundamental to our existence as a free and democratic country.

No comments: