Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Yukon Oklahoma- My New "Favorite" Place

I spend my life getting lost and have never been able to effectively navigate Edmond. I belive I have been lost in Edmond about 12 times this year. It is not my fault that the road ends in construction when Mapquest tells me to take it. Imagine my surprise to find out how easy it is to get to Yukon! Even I cannot get lost on this straight shot down 66. I was so relieved when I got off the freeway and I came out at the 66 Bowl. My family loves bowling and I have been there often- it was such a relief to come off the freeway and know where I was.

Yukon is now my new favorite place! It was easy to get to and easy to navigate around and the lady at the Circle K was super friendly. I was in Yukon to present the 2010 strategic plan to the Prudential Alliance -Yukon members. Spending the morning with this incredible group of people reminds me of how much I love being with the members. REALTORS without a doubt are the friendliest group of folks one would ever care to meet. This morning I remembered how incredibly fortunate I am to be in the real estate industry.

I was so happy to see the nodding heads and smiles when I explained the OKCMAR plan and strategy for 2010. This tells me our surveys are on the money and have value. Your leadership is listening OKCMAR- We're in it for you!

Thank you to all the Prudential Alliance Yukon REALTORS for giving up your morning and participating in shaping the future of your association! And if you are reading... I was the county child support coordinator in the years before I found this wonderful industry. I collected child support on behalf of the children of Oneida County and took delinquent payers to court. I also found a lot of missing in action parents. I did enjoy that part of my job; it was like being a private detective. I find working for REALTORS to be far more psychologically rewarding.

If you would like to have me come out to your brokerage to review the 2010 strategic plan please contact me at dkennedy@okcmar.org

1 comment:

Dave Moeller said...

See you next Tuesday