Saturday, November 14, 2009

National Association of REALTORS Convention

This convention has certainly been action packed with information and more than enough knowledge that any Realtor would ever want.

Years ago, my family and I actually lived just north of San Diego, the site of this years convention, and I remembered the soft ocean breezes and warm temperatures. Having gone through quite a few earthquakes, as well, I also have memories of them, as I write this from my 26th floor hotel room.

Across the nation, I would say that the mood is very optimistic with the Realtors in attendance. There is also quite an International group here and I spent time with a couple from Australia and met a nice Realtor from Peru. Their moods were not as optimistic as our American friends. It is not that their business is bad, it is just different from our way of doing things.

I also learned that even though the sands of San Diego may have the yellow brick road, there is really no place like home. The strategic plan developed by our 2010 OKCMAR Board and MLS Board will continue to show that our section of the world will continue to be one of the best in the nation.

The Trade Show Exhibition takes hours to see what is offered to Realtors and Brokerages, but again, with all that is available, our MLS has it in one form or another.

In short, I think our Association has a bright future. Please take the time to volunteer next year. It is the membership that makes us strong.

No comments: