Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter OKC!

Today was an amazing day! Repeatedly throughout the day I just closed my eyes and basked in the warm breezes of Oklahoma. I am entering my third year in OKC and I still can't quite get over my love of the Oklahoma seasons. I think OKC is one of the best kept secrets in the entire USA. 4 distinct seasons but mild and short winters and only a few intolerable weeks of summer humidity, The remaining 44 weeks of the year are paradise.

There is so much to do and to see in OKC. On Saturday we took our 2 year old grandson to the big Easter Egg hunt on Council. From the press releases it was my understanding that they expected over 5000 people and there were over 100,000 (yes one hundred thousand) eggs prepared for the OKC children to find. We had so much fun encouraging our little one to fill his basket!

Later that evening, after my daughter and the foreign exchange student we are hosting, Kristina, spent some time at Penn Square Mall, we headed off to Bricktown. We rode a 3-D dungeon ride, helped Kristina pick out some postcards to bring back to Germany, and then took the canal water taxi tour. This tour was great and I learned quite a bit about our city. We ended the night with dinner at Earl's where we enjoyed true Oklahoma barbeque.

This morning off to church followed by brunch at my eldest daughter's home. We were delighted to watch our grandson search for more eggs and his Easter basket. Everyone played yard games and I thought how fortunate we were to live in such a beautiful city. I have spent many Easters traveling through blizzards to get to church in Northern Wisconsin. I can recall only a few warm Easters in 20+ years of living in Wisconsin. OKC is truly an urban paradise. No wonder our real estate market is so vibrant!

No comments: