Saturday, June 5, 2010

Oklahoma AE Retreat

This week ended on a very postive note! I am happy to report that we met goal on the conference registration. This was intended to be a smaller one day conference but I was a little concerned over the initial registrations. While we are thrilled to hit our goal I am also somewhat disappointed that in a group this size we can only capture 5-10% attendance. OKCMAR conferences are held as a means of giving back to the members high quality education. I am considering eliminating this mid year conference and going just with the tech conference in the spring and the management conference in the fall. Without large attendance numbers the events become too costly to do. In the summer we do have golf and the RCA bus tour as member events- perhaps that is enough during the busy selling season.

I wanted to make a special thank you to all those non-OKCMAR members who saw the value and registered- It is wonderful that you recognize the value of what we are offering and are willing to travel long distances to participate.

The last two days I spent in Sand Springs/Tulsa for our first ever Oklahoma Assn Executives' Retreat. I LEARNED SO MUCH! Thank you to OAR for helping to sponsor the rooms. The best part of the retreat was after dinner. All of us sat outside and talked about our challenges, opportunities and just the way we do things for over 4 hours. To me this was incredibly valuable and an eye-opener. It helped me understand why some of the OK associations do things a certain way. I also think it helps the other associations see OKCMAR in a different light. In today's economy, more than ever, the associations need to work together, pool scant resources, and do whatever we can to assist the Oklahoma REALTOR in being successful
regardless of boundaries. The real estate market drives our economy. As AE's we have a duty and an obligation to keep our industry strong so we can keep the USA strong.

PS: Thank you Harriet, AE of the Edmond Assn of REALTORS, for solving my golf outing dilemma with one phone call! You are the best!

No comments: