Tuesday, June 22, 2010

I Thought Everyone Knew

I talked to a REALTOR® today who did not know that on a PC and some laptops  that you can easily shortcut to the Registered Trademark symbol "®" by simply holding down the ALT button and typing in the numbers 0174.  Usually a lot faster than  inserting a symbol through the word menus. Kelli McNeal tells me that holding down the control button and hitting the letter "R" also will result in the trademark symbol - though I have not tried this.

We then started talking about how even REALTORS® fail to properly use the word. It is a registered trademark and must be spelled in all capital letters followed by the "®" . Make sure you are keeping the word, REALTOR® , and all that it stands for, special and unique. He asked me to pass this along in the blog.... so I did!

5 comments:

Joe Pryor said...

Dawn, I think everyone should be sure to know to use the keyboard on the right side, and on a laptop you do have a "right side" keyboard within the letters on the keyboard. You hold done the button on the bottom left named fm then look for the numbers within the small squares on the letters like the number one on the J key

Sandi said...

Thanks Dawn, I had no idea that that worked that way. I am sharing with my office.

Louis R Gonzales said...

Dawn, thanks for in tip, now when I send correspondence with the word REALTOR®, the trademark will be included. Now, how do I get it on my iPhone.
Thanks
Louis Gonzales
Burroughs Company

One Woman said...

Louis I spent about 2 hours on the web trying to find a way to do the R symbol on I phone texts, etc & could not find anything. There are some great Iphone tips coming out in the next newsmagazine- they are in the commercial report

One Woman said...

Hey MAC users- the shortcut on your MAC for the REALTOR® symbol is to hit the OPTION key while depressing the letter R key.