Tuesday, January 5, 2010

No More Tokens!

I had another enjoyable morning spending time with our members. OKCMAR leadership is committed to developing a sense of community amongst its membership and my brokerage visits are a part of that program. I really do believe it is best to have one-on-one dialogue with as many of our members as possible.

I find these sessions to be incredibly invigorating! I love hearing from the members, both good and bad. The good makes me feel that the staff, leadership and I are making progress and the bad gives me clear vision on where I need to concentrate efforts and/or resources.

At today's session we talked a lot about how the new keystroke diametrics will work. Although there has been much posted, written and covered in various meetings regarding the diametrics, often these things do not filter into member consciousness until they are happening. This is human nature and not just indicative of association culture.

I came back into the office and asked how things were going in MLS. Adam, our MLS help desk manager summed up the morning in one word: Brutal! I then went in and changed my own MLS password on the screen BY FOLLOWING THE INSTRUCTIONS on the screen. It took approximately 7 seconds and believe me folks I have no special skills just patience enough to read the entire screen before I proceeded. Please before you berate the staff that is trying to assist you (Remember members asked us to get rid of the token repeatedly in surveys and through member comments) remember that they are people to whose primary goal is to get you on your way through the MLS. Click here for a screenshot with step-by-step instructions.

This is a 7 second process and should not have "Cost me business because I can't get in the MLS". As I have said numerous times through numerous channels- the best way to get the most out of the MLS and the association is to please read the eblasts we send you weekly. Investing 5 minutes out of your week to scan these simple and brief blasts can save you hours on the working end. Earlier this year I posted an entry titled "The Most Valuable 5 Minutes of Your Week". I encourage all to give that a read again.

I know how hard it is to stay on top of things when you are all working as hard as you possibly can to serve your customers and clients and to secure closings, however 5 minutes per week really can save you so much time and hopefully increase your ability to serve those clients and bring more closings to the table. For well over a year we have made the blasts scannable by printing headers with links so if you saw it before or it doesn't pertain to you it only takes a second to scan; those who want more information can click the link to read more.

Happy closings everyone!

No comments: