Saturday, August 22, 2009

Its Freezing in Chicago!

CEO Viewpoint:

We should be thankful for the wonderful weather we have in OKC! I have been in Chicago for a few days prior to the NAR leadership summit and it has been freezing cold, wet, rainy and the first night I was in the basement due to several tornadoes touching down in the area. People always ask my if I am frightened about all the tornadoes in OK, but actually I have seen a lot more in Wisconsin and Illinois than I have experienced in our wonderful state.

The leadership summit is a great opportunity for local boards to learn about NAR initiatives, how to work with the new local President, and to get motivated for the year. NAR pays for the registration and the hotel stay so that the largest amount of boards can attend. The event is limited to the Association Executives and incoming Presidents only. Typically I find the information about new and existing grants to be of the most value but I always feel very motivated to do my best after I return from the summit. I will keep everyone posted as to what I learn this year.

No comments: