Thursday, May 6, 2010

Busy, Busy, Busy!

Dear Readers-

It has been two weeks since I have posted on the blog- Thank You Dave Moeller & Ryan Hukill for filling the blog in the vacuum! April & early May have been jam-packed with activity and as Friday looms I am preparing to leave for Washington DC to promote the interests of OKCMAR & Oklahoma City to our federal legislators. I will be at our national capital for the entire work week.

I am versed in the OKCMAR legislative agenda (hope you all received and read the quarterly magazine in your mailbox this week which outlines our legislative goals) BUT am very interested in any messages that YOU, the OKCMAR member, would like me to deliver to our federal legislators. Please comment if there is an issue you assert needs to be addressed that is not covered in the OKCMAR legislative agenda.

While I look forward to participating in representing you at this high level I also am anxious with all that will remain on my desk while I am in DC. I have been focusing a great deal of effort in selling sponsorships for the golf tournament and management conference. Remember that the management conference is for ALL MEMBERS and is about running your small business as an Independent Contractor. I have pretty much put this effort to bed but wish to acknowledge the premier sponsors of this event which is two day- first day golf- second day education.

Please if you do business with these businesses let them know how much it means to you that they are making it possible for you to increase your base of business as a result of their investment in you and OKCMAR! Also consider using those ancillary service providers that are willing to invest in you. Premier sponsors include: Rausch Coleman Homes, First Mortgage, HomesOK.com, Cornerstone Mortgage, Stewart Title, Oklahoma City Abstract & Title, &  Cornerstone Planning Group. On a national level the sponsors are the National Association of REALTORS ($5000) and the National REALTORS Commercial Alliance ($2500). Of course ALL our sponsors make these events possible and a complete list will be published in the conference program and in the quarterly magazine-thank you to all these sponsors as well!

On a final note, this year's strategic plans for OKCMAR & MLSOK are so aggressive that I am literally going as fast as I can and pushing your staff as hard as I can. Please continue to send us your positive comments, it energizes everyone! Thank you Gail Smith for your comment today- you changed a very stressful day into a smile with your acknowledgement of our effort!

No comments: