Thursday, October 1, 2009

Your REALTOR Ways

As I was driving back to the office from Edmond today I happened to think about why I always take the 63rd St. exit. The late great Jean Thornton taught me all about what her husband referred to as "Your REALTOR ways". He was referring to all the navigational short cuts Jean had learned over a life time working in the OKC real estate industry. I smiled when I heard Jean's voice in my head. I miss her as I am certain the entire real estate community does.

But that phrase continued like a mantra in my head and I realized it is part of what draws me to and keeps me in this wonderful industry we call real estate. REALTOR ways means much more than side street shortcuts throughout the city it is how REALTORS quickly become the hubs of their communities, experts in the neighborhood. As the REALTOR becomes the expert in the community they serve, they also become its heart.

REALTOR ways means going the extra mile, having tact and discretion, a true desire to help families, a quick and adaptive mind and flexibility. This is why REALTORS have quickly become a large segment of the social media community. WIthin the next week OKCMAR will be launching its broker support program and a key component will be a social media university. I am saving the details for the launch of our exciting new and interactive website. This is what I believe they call a tickler....check this blog often for the latest breaking news at OKCMAR.

No comments: