Sunday, September 6, 2009

VOTE - VOTE - VOTE

Hi Everybody –

I just wanted to remind everybody to vote in the Board of Directors Election this coming week. I would love to see maximum participation at the Luncheon on Wednesday at the Skirvin, but remember that you can also vote online through the OKCMAR website for the Board of Directors.

I have been very pleased this year in seeing the participation of the nominated slate in active canvassing of votes on Facebook and other social media. This is the age of Technology as was evidenced at the NAR Leadership Summit I recently attended in Chicago. I think the Nominating Committee did a fine job in their selection, and I want to thank all of the selected slate for their participation and desire to serve.

As President Elect, I look forward to working with the incoming Board & Staff next year in promoting OKCMAR and moving towards our continued success in the marketplace. Our success can only be achieved by the support of our members and the dedicated hard work of all committees, and the Staff. Vote for the Board that will work for you, and be part of the process of continued growth. Our opportunity is only limited by the support from the membership. Please VOTE!

2 comments:

Joe Pryor said...

Dave, voting online was a breeze. We had a lot of great candidates so that decision was much harder. Thanks to OKCMAR for giving me and others the chance to participate even if we can't make the lucheon.

One Woman said...

I am very grateful that so many qualified and talented REALTORS threw their hat in the ring and agreed to serve on the slate. I believe it is very important for members to understand that when they accept a seat on the board they aren't just shaping the association but are also having a direct impact on the businesses of their peers, those in the state association and those in the national association.

Our Board of Directors are doing their part to raise awareness and the professionalism of our industry- keeping the housing market here in OKC strong.

I am very much looking forward to working with such a talented group as all the candidates would be a phenomenal addition to the leadership.