Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Pulling my Post

CEO Viewpoint:

Yesterday after several tries I finally posted a comment regarding a newsbroadcast that implied OKCMAR does not ask members their opinion about issues. I have also been asking members to link to this blog from their website. After careful consideration I pulled my post. OKCMAR asks members to serve on the committees making decisions about board strategies and advocacy. OKCMAR also surveys its members often. Members elect directors to speak for them and their answers are to be representative of the membership's choices. Members should be proud of the OKCMAR process. There are very few areas in life where we have direct control over our future; becoming involved in the association gives each member the ability to have direct input into the actions of the association. As a member of the leadership team, I am very proud of our members, our association, and our decision-making process.

1 comment:

Ryan Hukill said...

Dawn, I couldn't agree more. As an elected Director, I spend a lot of time talking with other agents (members) trying to keep a pulse on how our members feel about the association, and what they feel could be improved, as i know all of the other Directors do as well. I also make it a point to always participate in the surveys and committees. Unfortunately, as we all know, there's always a segment of people who have no problem spending their time complaining, but refuse to volunteer any time to help, and to improve on or correct any of the things they spend so much time complaining about. I, too, am proud of our association and where it's going. Keep up the great work!