Monday, November 1, 2010

Woof! Woof!

DISCLAIMER: THIS POST IS THE PERSONAL OPINION OF THE CEO and is no way to be read as a statement from the Board of Directors of OKCMAR. OKCMAR is not endorsing this message and claims no liability for its content.

Now that we have that over with, lets get to talking! As many of the regular readers may know, my daughter, Paige "GiGi", attends Bishop McGuiness High School, where community service is a requirement of attendance. Last Saturday we volunteered at the OKC animal shelter, the SINGULAR shelter in our large two-tier city. We were able to get a special pass, as GiGi is not 18, to work for the day as long as I accompanied her at all times.


Even though I have three, yes three! dogs (all beautiful cocker spaniels- we now have Copper as my other daughter, Megan, was not allowed to keep him in her new rental) I had a blast! This was one of the most rewarding days I have ever spent. We spent 3 hours walking the dogs of the pound and just playing with them. They are all so precious, such a gift to us humans! My heart broke for little Tatoo who was so timid she didn't want to go out of her cage. But once she was out and finally started walking with us, I am happy to report that she frolicked and crawled in our lap and ran and gave us hundreds of kisses. It was very hard for me to leave her there. I am extremely happy to report that she was adopted!

While we were there we saw Kelsi (who we also walked) and an unnamed puppy that we walked were adopted! We took out this older little charmer Henri- who did somersaults in his cage to get our attention and he too was adopted. Kibbles a beautiful gray blue brindle pup who was the sweetest thing also now has a home. However, one of my favorites, Gremlin "Grim" a black boxer mix who was incredible is still at the shelter waiting for a home. Gremlin was such an amazing walker- we walked him the longest. When we stopped, he stopped. If we stopped for longer than a minute to talk he sat down and waited for us to start. He gave us a gazillion kisses and sat in our lap. I wish I could take Gremlin home but I can't - our subdivision has a limit on how many dogs you can have.

I hope that maybe one of you will go visit Gremlin- you might just fall in love, like I did. Here is his information:
I am a neutered male, black and white Boxer mix.
The shelter thinks I am about 1 year and 7 months old.
I have been at the shelter since Oct 20, 2010.

This information is 1 hour old.
All are  encouraged to visit us  the Oklahoma City Animal Shelter, 2811 SE 29th Street (1.5 miles East of I-35 on SE 29th), between the hours of noon and 5:45 p.m. every day except holidays.The shelter pets are looking forward to seeing you!

For more information about this animal, call:
Oklahoma City Animal Shelter at (405) 297-3100
Ask for information about animal ID number A067718


And please if one of you does fall in love, tell us all about it through the blog comments and send me a photo of the two of you to post at dkennedy@okcmar.org. 

No comments: