Thursday, July 15, 2010

MIBOR & BLC®

I just returned from Indianapolis where the semi-annual REAL TRENDS AE advisory council  met this month. This is a wonderful opportunity that the board has allowed me to participate in and also quite an honor for me to be selected by REAL TRENDS to serve on their council. This session we critiqued the Metropolitan Indianapolis Board of REALTORS ®(MIBOR) and its MLS corp, BLC®. BLC® stands for Broker Listing Cooperative®. They do not even refer to it as an MLS. They believe that the acronym MLS is too widely used as a public term and does not adequately represent what a Multiple Listing Service is and does.

For many of you who know me, you know I am not easily impressed. I also hold to the notion that OKCMAR and MLSOK are far superior to other associations and their MLS systems. However, I will tell you that MIBOR and its BLC® give OKCMAR a run for our money. Their strengths are governance (transparency,  accountability, & policy) and legislative advocacy. These REALTORS® are making an incredible difference in Indianapolis and the communities where they live and practice.  Take a minute to visit their website www.mibor.com and view their Superbowl/Centennial Legacy Project- http://www.mibor100.com use the navigation bar on the left to view the video detailing the project.

At these sessions we all have an idea sharing session where we go over things that worked and things that didn't in our associations. I left the meeting with  numerous things I would like to eventually implement at OKCMAR. The conference resulted in a two page report for the board of directors and a slew of ideas! I cannot wait for the time it is OKCMAR's turn to host this group- it is booked through 2012 so 2013 may be the year we get to host or not. I am so proud of what OKCMAR has accomplished in three short years- frankly it is amazing... and yes... we are still the very best in my eyes but we will always strive for continuous improvement.

No comments: