Saturday, February 20, 2010

Am I an Edsel?

Does anyone remember watching "The Waltons"? It was a long running television show about life during the Great Depression. In it the cars were the old Edsels, Model T's etc. In the show, in order to get these cars started one had to wind up the engine with a crank in front. Once the crank was let loose the car's engine would start. I think I am like the Edsel! I have been on a vacation for close to 9 days and returned to work this Wednesday. Momentum is a funny thing! This is really the first time I have stopped doing my job in the last 2.5 years and am having great difficulty getting the engine started again.
This week MLSOK had its strategic planning retreat and some exceptional ideas came out of the two day exercise, including a renewed energy for me. Metaphorically, I think the retreat served as a "crank". My hope is that this plan will set the pace for a dynamic year in MLSOK. My next post will detail out the objectives of the 2010 plan. BEFORE IT IS FORMALIZED BY THE MLS BOARD- PLEASE COMMENT. This is your opportunity to weigh-in on the direction of the MLS in 2010. Take advantage of this forum!
Good Night John-Boy, Good Night Jim-Bob, Good Night Elizabeth, Good Night Mary-Ellen, Good Night John-Boy!

2 comments:

okchomeseller said...

I am a man of the age that I remember the Edsel. They were produced in 58-59-60. Although goofy looking, they did include an electric starter. The car the Walton's drove was a Model A pickup.

Seriously, I think you all are doing a great job and have us heading in the right direction.

One Woman said...

Thank you for your comments- You made me smile from ear to ear! I am definitely not a "car person" as is evidenced by my referring to the wrong car- I don't even like to drive!

I also very much appreciate the words of support :)